Butt Augmentation With Fat Transfer (Brazilian Butt Lift) in San Diego
What Does It Mean to Undergo Fat Transfer?
The Benefits of Fat Transfer
- No synthetic products; all-natural fat
- Limited incisions
- Custom-shaped buttocks
- Slims problem fat areas
Fat Transfer vs. Implants
- Fat transfer harvests fat from problem areas, which helps slim and tone the patient’s physique
- The harvesting process uses gentle liposuction to preserve the highest number of fat cells and to contour your trouble areas
- The fat is then purified for transfer
- Fat is grafted into the buttocks in even layers, which allows Dr. Pollack to custom-shape your behind to best highlight the natural curvature of your body
- The fat is injected using a specially designed needle that will result in mild, if any, scarring
- An incision is created along the lower fold of each buttock, which may result in more extensive scarring
- A silicone implant is inserted into a pocket created under the gluteal muscles
- This process may result in a noticeably augmented appearance, especially if there isn’t enough tissue to mask the implant’s edge
- While implants come in a variety of shapes, it is more difficult to achieve the custom-tailored results of fat transfer
- Due to the more invasive nature, implants require a longer recovery period
- What can I expect from my consultation with Dr. Pollack?
During your consultation, Dr. Pollack may perform a physical examination to determine if you are a candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift with fat transfer. If he determines you are a candidate, he will create a personalized surgical plan and address any questions you may have. At this time, you will receive an estimated financial plan based on your specific needs and goals.
- Am I a good candidate for fat transfer?
Patients who wish to increase the size and enhance the shape of their buttocks while maintaining a natural appearance should consider the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. However, fat transfer cannot be performed on patients who lack adequate excess fat stores for harvests. Patients should also have good skin elasticity; patients with skin laxity might experience some skin sagging in the areas treated with liposuction.
- How much does a butt augmentation with fat transfer cost?
Brazilian Butt Lift cost varies between patients, depending on the specific surgical techniques used and the amount of correction needed. Generally, butt augmentation cost depends on surgeon fees, anesthesia fees, facility fees, the location of the procedure, and the patient’s specific needs and goals for the surgery.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Pollack to determine a more specific financial estimate.
- Will insurance cover my procedure?
Most insurance policies do not cover cosmetic procedures, such as a Brazilian Butt Lift with fat transfer. However, you should contact your insurance company to learn more about your policy coverage.
Financing options are also available if needed.
- How do I know if I should undergo fat transfer or receive implants as a part of my butt augmentation?
Most patients benefit most from the Brazilian Butt Lift since it requires less downtime and provides a more natural appearance. However, depending on the patient’s body type, fat transfer may not be possible as it requires an adequate amount of fat elsewhere on the body to harvest. During your consultation with Dr. Pollack, he will help determine which augmentation option is right for you.
- How can I prepare for my Brazilian Butt Lift with fat transfer?
To prepare for your Brazilian Butt Lift with fat transfer, you should refrain from smoking and taking any anti-inflammatory medications as they can thin the blood, thereby increasing your risk of complications during and after your procedure. You should plan to take time off work and other responsibilities to give yourself time to heal.
It is important to follow all pre-operative instructions provided by Dr. Pollack to ensure a safe and effective surgery.
- Can I drive home after my Brazilian Butt Lift?
Since your Brazilian Butt Lift will be performed using general anesthesia, you will need to bring someone with you to the appointment to drive you home. When you wake up from surgery, you will feel groggy and not be in the right headspace to drive yourself home.
- How long will it take to recover from a Brazilian Butt Lift?
You will initially experience bruising and swelling at both your liposuction site(s) and around your buttocks. Special compression garments are to be worn to help minimize swelling, improve healing, and preserve the largest number of transferred fat cells as possible. You will not be able to apply any pressure to your buttocks for at least three weeks.
Patients can begin sitting in modified positions that place limited pressure on the backside after three weeks. Around this time is when most patients can return to work. Many patients can resume light to moderate physical activities after four weeks. Most major swelling will subside after six weeks. By two months, your final results should be visible.
- What areas of my body can be used for fat harvesting?
Any area with excess fat accumulation can be ideal for harvesting fat. Often, these areas include the abdomen, hips, thighs, and back. Multiple areas may be used to achieve the adequate amount required for transfer.
- How long will my results last?
Patients may lose some initial volume during the first six months to a year as the body absorbs the fat cells that did not survive the transfer process. However, the fat that remains after this period will be permanent and provide long-lasting enhancement.
- Will there be any visible scarring?
You might have some mild scarring at your liposuction site(s); however, great care is taken to place all incisions in easily concealable locations. Most patients do not develop scarring at their injection sites. However, any scarring that may develop will likely fade over time.
- Can any other procedures be combined with my Brazilian Butt Lift?
Depending on their goals for the procedure, some patients may benefit from combining other plastic surgery procedures with their Brazilian Butt Lift. Procedures such as a tummy tuck or breast augmentation surgery can also provide patients with the natural, contoured appearance they are looking for.
In some cases, these procedures can be performed at the same time as your Brazilian Butt Lift; however, they may need to be scheduled for a later date.
- What are the risks of a Brazilian Butt Lift with fat transfer?
When performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Larry Pollack, a Brazilian Butt Lift with fat transfer is a generally safe procedure. Although rare, risks are present. These risks include:
- Fluid accumulation
- Anesthesia risks
- Skin discoloration
How Can We Help?
"*" indicates required fields
Dr. Pollack is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is dedicated to providing patients with safe and effective procedures. He has over 20 years of experience in the field of plastic surgery and looks forward to meeting you. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Pollack, please call our La Jolla practice at 858-215-6143 today.