Do you desire...
- A firmer facial contour
- To eliminate excess skin from the jowls
- A more defined neck and jawline
- To smooth creases under the eyes
- A more youthful appearance
- To soften lines around the mouth and nose
If you lack confidence or are uncomfortable with how you look due to a drooping facial appearance, facelift
surgery may be the right procedure for you.
Schedule a Consultation
Candidates for a Facelift
While there is no minimum or maximum age for undergoing facelift surgery, it is important that you are in good health and have realistic expectations about your results.
Candidates often lack attractive definition at the jawlines and have excess tissue that creates the unwanted appearance of a double chin.
Some facelift candidates have volume loss along their cheeks or under their eyes, which may be improved by redistributing fat.
Potential patients should have facial aging in the lower third of the face. Facelift surgery cannot provide significant improvement to the upper two-thirds, but combination procedures are available if necessary.
• Incisions are created in the hairline from the temple to down behind the ear
• A secondary incision may be made underneath the chin
• Drooping facial muscles are lifted, fat is redistributed, and excess skin is removed or repositioned
• The incision is placed just behind the ear in a more concealable location
• May be ideal for patients who require less dramatic facial improvements
• Faster recovery and easier healing
Combine a Brow Lift
Brow lift surgery may be performed as a standalone procedure or in combination with your facelift. A brow lift is designed to treat a low or sagging brow, which can make us look tired or angry even when we are not. Along with a facelift, it can reduce the furrows in the forehead and minimize the creases that we refer to as “frown lines.” This procedure can be done through tiny incisions in the hairline to avoid placing any visible scars on the face or forehead. Combining a brow lift with your facelift procedure can help you achieve more dramatic, complete, and long-lasting results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Pollack is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is dedicated to providing patients with safe and effective procedures. He has over 20 years of experience in the field of plastic surgery and looks forward to meeting you. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Pollack, please call our La Jolla practice at 858-215-6143 today.
Dr. Pollack would be pleased to help you determine the procedure that will best meet your needs. During a consultation at his La Jolla location, Dr. Pollack will assess your health history, your area(s) of concern, and your desires for the procedure to ensure you will be satisfied with your results.Schedule A Consultation
4510 Executive Drive Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92121