Tummy Tuck in San Diego
What Can a Tummy Tuck Achieve?
- A flatter belly
- A firmer abdomen
- A toned appearance
- A slimmer waist
- Restoration of your pre-pregnancy appearance
- Increased confidence and satisfaction with your body
Why Do Patients Choose Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Pregnancy has left you with loose abdominal muscles and the appearance of a belly pooch.
Recent weight loss has resulted in an excess of irritating, unattractive abdominal skin.
The natural aging process has caused laxity in the abdominal area, and you wish to restore a more youthful appearance.
Natural diet and exercise have ceased to provide you with the toned and defined results you desire.
Full Tummy Tuck
• Suitable for most women following pregnancy
• An incision is placed low on the abdomen along the top of the pubic hairline, and a secondary incision is placed around the navel
• Skin is separated from the abdominal muscles, and excess tissue is removed
• Loose abdominal muscles are tightened to restore the contour of the abdomen
Mini Tummy Tuck
• A single incision is placed low on the abdomen just above the pubic area that runs from hip to hip
• The mini tummy tuck is focused on muscle tightening and improves minor skin laxity below the belly button
How Should I Prepare for My Tummy Tuck?
Before your surgery, you should have a clear idea of what you wish to achieve through your tummy tuck surgery. During your consultation, you and Dr. Pollack will discuss your aesthetic goals. It is important to know your ideal aesthetic outcome so both you and Dr. Pollack understand what to expect for your surgery to ensure results that meet your expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tummy Tuck Surgery
- What type of anesthesia is used during tummy tuck surgery?
Tummy tuck surgery is performed using general anesthesia to ensure the safest procedure possible and no pain for the patient.
- How will I feel following my tummy tuck surgery?
You may experience bruising, swelling, and redness following your surgery. You may be required to wear a specialty compression garment to facilitate the healing process. You may feel some soreness in your abdominal area. This discomfort can be controlled using oral pain medication. Dr. Pollack also offers a long-lasting local anesthetic called EXPAREL® to help keep you comfortable immediately after your procedure.
- How long will my recovery take?
Most patients can return to work within two to three weeks of their surgery. You can resume your regular exercise routine after four to six weeks. After six weeks of recovery, most major swelling should subside and your final results will become more visible. Residual swelling can take up to six months to resolve. Dr. Pollack and his staff will help you decide when you can return to specific activities and formulate a recovery timeline.
- What should I expect from tummy tuck scars?
Generally, incisions for a tummy tuck are made along or just above the pubic hairline. The resulting scar can be easily hidden with underwear or a bikini. Scar minimizing skin creams and sun avoidance can help reduce the scar’s appearance over time.
- What are the possible complications following tummy tuck surgery?
Your complication risk following tummy tuck surgery is relatively low as long as you follow Dr. Pollack’s instructions before and after your surgery.
Blood clotting is one of the most common complications of tummy tuck surgery. Patients should not raise their blood pressure or participate in strenuous exercise. However, walking after surgery can improve circulation and prevent blood clotting and seromas. Patients should also get plenty of rest and eat a nutritious diet to reduce their risk of complications.
- How much does tummy tuck surgery cost in San Diego?
Different techniques, unique treatment plans, and the possible combination of additional procedures cause the cost of tummy tuck surgery to vary.
Additional fees that impact the price of your tummy tuck surgery include:
- Facility/Operation room fees
- Anesthesia fees
- Medical/lab tests
- Can I combine other procedures with my tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery is often combined with a breast augmentation, breast lift (mastopexy), and liposuction. This is called a Mommy Makeover. A Mommy Makeover may also include a Brazilian Butt Lift for patients who wish to enhance their buttocks’ shape and volume. Dr. Pollack will assess your candidacy for each of these procedures during your consultation.
- Will I lose weight with a tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery is strictly a cosmetic procedure. Although a certain amount of body fat will be eliminated during your excision process, tummy tuck surgery should not be considered a viable weight-loss method.
- Can a tummy tuck help with ventral hernia repair?
Tummy tucks are commonly combined with hernia repair. A tummy tuck can help to repair a ventral hernia by strengthening a weakened abdominal wall. Dr. Pollack will examine the hernia’s size to determine if you are a good candidate for hernia repair with your tummy tuck.
- Does Dr. Pollack offer tummy tuck before and after photos?
Dr. Pollack understands that photographs are extremely important in forming a treatment plan that matches your beauty ideals and aesthetic goals. A photo gallery and a video gallery are available on Dr. Pollack’s website. Before and after photos will also be provided during your consultation.
How Can We Help?
"*" indicates required fields
Dr. Pollack is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is dedicated to providing patients with safe and effective procedures. He has over 20 years of experience in the field of plastic surgery and looks forward to meeting you. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Pollack, please call our La Jolla practice at 858-215-6143 today.