3 Reasons to Combine a Facelift With Eyelid Surgery
2 Min Read:
If you long to correct aging defects in your facial and eyelid features, you are not alone. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 121,000 men and women opted for facelift surgery, and a staggering 207,000 chose to refresh their appearance with eyelid surgery in 2018.
Why Should I Consider Combining a Facelift and Eyelid Surgery?
The term facelift surgery is often misleading. Although the name implies it, facelift surgery does not address every region of the face. Instead, this anti-aging surgery only treats laxity and signs of aging in the middle and lower areas of the face (including the jawline and neck).
Regardless, facelift surgery continues to gain popularity as adults of all ages realize they can combine it with other facial enhancement procedures to achieve a rejuvenated look.
The facelift and eyelid surgery combination is one of the most prevalent, as it provides patients with the ultimate anti-aging results. There are three great reasons for combining these procedures:
- You can ensure a balanced appearance. The upper, mid, and lower face are enhanced simultaneously without leaving one area looking younger and more refreshed than the other.
- You achieve dramatically enhanced facial features. When you look in the mirror after a combined procedure, you will notice that the eyelid lift has brightened your eyes, and your lower facial contours are tightened, giving you a harmonious, youthful appearance.
- Combining the procedures not only gives you a more dramatic result, but it also saves you money and recovery time. Instead of going through two separate surgeries, you get everything done at once, with one recovery period and reduced anesthesia and facility costs.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Combined Facelift and Eyelid Surgery?
The ideal candidate for a combined facelift and eyelid surgery demonstrates multiple signs of facial aging.
This may include the following:
- Sagging skin
- “Crepey” skin
- Moderate to severe wrinkles
- Hooded upper eyelids
- Puffiness beneath the eyes
- Vertical neck banding
- Fine lines
This combined surgery corrects defects within your facial skin and muscles.
What Does Facelift and Eyelid Surgery Involve?
During the standard facelift, the surgeon enhances the jowls, cheeks, and neck. Hidden incisions run along the hairline from your temple to your ear to provide access to the muscles and other structures. A second incision may be made beneath the chin to address the neck. Drooping facial muscles are tightened, and Dr. Pollack redistributes fat for a younger look. Any excess skin is trimmed.
For an eyelid lift, you can opt for an upper lift, a lower lift, or both. For upper eyelid surgery, Dr. Pollack makes an incision along the crease to remove excess skin and fat. For lower eyelid surgery, Dr. Pollack either makes an incision on the inside of the lower lid or beneath the lash line to remove or reposition skin and fat pockets. The technique used depends on each individual.
Interested in Learning More?
To find out more about the combined facelift and eyelid surgery, call the office of Dr. Larry Pollack at (858) 450-9100 or contact us online.