Liposuction and CoolSculpting® are two popular fat reduction procedures. Both can improve your body shape by eliminating excess fat from your trouble areas, but the procedures and results differ in several ways. Here are some of the differences between CoolSculpting® and liposuction.
Non-Surgical: CoolSculpting® removes unwanted body fat through non-surgical means by using an applicator to ze and destroy the fat cells. The fat cells are then flushed out of the body over the following four to six months. As a non-surgical procedure, CoolSculpting® has no associated operating fees or anesthesia.
- Results Improve Over Time: Results from CoolSculpting® are not immediate but improve noticeably over time. The final results will be visible within six months of the initial procedure.
- No Recovery Period: CoolSculpting® has no recovery or downtime, meaning patients can return to normal activities immediately after the procedure with minimal to no side effects.
- No Scarring: Because nothing is inserted into the skin and no incisions are used, there is no scarring after CoolSculpting®.
- Surgical: Liposuction surgically removes unwanted body fat using a suction device that extracts the fat cells through a cannula (a thin, hollow tube). As it is a surgical procedure, there is a recovery period that requires you to take up to one week off work and a few weeks of rest from exercise.
- Results Are Immediate: The fat that is removed through liposuction is completely extracted from the body during the procedure. The final results are visible immediately or as soon as any swelling subsides.
- Many Treatment Areas: Liposuction can remove fat from nearly anywhere on the body, including the abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, upper arms, knees, face, and neck.
- May Cause Minimal Scarring: Liposuction can leave slight scarring due to the insertion of the cannula. Any scarring will be minimal and inconspicuous.
Both liposuction and CoolSculpting® can enhance your body contours and give you the body shape you desire. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Larry H. Pollack can help you decide which procedure is best for your needs. To schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Pollack, please fill out our online contact form or call (858) 215-6143 today.
Dr. Pollack would be pleased to help you determine the procedure that will best meet your needs. During a consultation at his La Jolla location, Dr. Pollack will assess your health history, your area(s) of concern, and your desires for the procedure to ensure you will be satisfied with your results.Schedule A Consultation
4510 Executive Drive Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92121